There is a major epidemic killing off people daily. This epidemic is not partial to race, gender or age and seeks to destroy as many as it can. However, the cure has been sitting under our noses for years, yet in our attempts to medicate and temporarily deaden the symptoms, we have completely missed the cure.
Let me be the first to diagnose this disease and in an effort to preserve the lives we have left, share its cure. This killer epidemic is called Desperation Syndrome (DS). Before you assume you know where I am going, bear with me. Far too many people are living in a state of desperation:
- So desperate for love that they are “looking for love in all the wrong places”
- So desperate for peace that they chase bottle after bottle, pill after pill, needle after needle
- So desperate for companionship that they lay in the bed of any man or woman who is willing (only to regret it moments later)
- So desperate for prestige that they will lie and manipulate many to be seen as ‘important’ to few
- So desperate for joy that they belittle others
- So desperate for healing from past hurts that they hurt people in their present preventing a future
- So desperate for admiration that debt is choking life out of their very being
The list of desperation goes on and on and in our efforts to find the things we are most desperate for, we are slowly killing ourselves. Everything we are desperate for can be found in one source, which is closer to us than we think. So often we look externally for things that are internal. For example: It doesn’t matter how many times “he” says you are beautiful or she “strokes your ego” if you don’t think what is said is the truth, they are wasting their breath and time.
So, yes, there is a source for everything we need which will never deplete. There is an abundance of love, peace, companionship, joy, healing, and admiration--whatever you need.
Read the following labels from the source -
- Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. (Mercy, peace and love has been given to us and it is overflowing, more than we can handle.)
- His love endures forever. (Forever you are loved!)
- Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor. (Look for the right things and what you need you will find.)
- Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. (More grace and peace has been given.)
- Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. (Peace, again, is with you and you are never alone.)
- Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. (Not just any peace but GREAT peace)
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. (Think about the right thing and perfect peace will be yours.)
Stop searching for peace in a bottle, this source has all the peace you could ever need!
Whatever you are desperate for you can find in this one source. The cure for all disease, the strength for all that are weak, hope for the hopeless, love for those without…EVERYTHING is in Jesus Christ.
Stop being desperate for the trivial things people provide and go to the source of all things abundant. “He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth,” Luke 1:14 – Who wouldn’t want to know this person, be connected to this person? When Christ was born people rejoiced that alone speaks volumes of who He is.
Don’t let DS kill you, get connected to the source of all that you could ever think or ask for. Get connected to Jesus!
The value of your life with Christ is greater than without. There is no co-pay, He paid it all at Calvary; therefore, Desperation Syndrome does not have to kill you, especially when there is already a cure.
According to Merriam-Webster, desperation is defined as a state of hopelessness leading to rashness; rashness (rash) marked by or proceeding from undue haste or lack of deliberation
Labels from list above -
- Jude 1:2
- Psalm 136
- Proverbs 21:21
- Philemon 1:3
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16
- Psalm 119:165
- Isaiah 26:3