Tuesday, October 4, 2011

2011 Blog Challenge Week #1 - My Testimony

My walk with Christ began at an early age, as I am the daughter, grand-daughter and niece of Pastors; however, my desire to FOLLOW Christ and lead a life pleasing to Him began in early adulthood.  I was raised knowing the importance of salvation and "needing to be saved to make it to heaven" but it was the vicissitudes of life that taught me the significance of developing a "real" relationship with Christ.

...I have always believed in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit; I recognize there is a heaven and hell and  acknowledge Jesus died on the cross, was buried and resurrected, yet I allowed people to delay my desire to fervently pursue Christ.  Whether, it was through the enticement of sin or the judgement of other believers and "church-goers," I allowed people to affect my salvation.  So although, I believed the "important" stuff my life did not reflect it.  *But isn't it just like God to still speak and express His love and faithfulness to us even when we aren't extending the same to Him?*


If I were to pinpoint a pivotal point in my journey, it would be the year 2002.  The strength I drew after the loss of a child, being frustrated in marriage, a fire and the loss of countless other things came from a renewed relationship God.  The peace I found during those tumultuous times materialized because my mind was stayed on Him.  When I wanted it all to end, He said not so, "I am not through with you."  That year was my breaking point, the point I began to seek the GREATER that was in me.  My testimony is one in which I realized God is more than just the God of my parents, more than the "dictator" the church creates Him to be (at times) and definitely not the author of the confusion in our lives we try to blame on Him.  I have found Him to be a friend, a comforter, unspeakable joy, unexplainable peace, a just God, a provider, a healer, a forgiver, a guide, a restorer, a mind-regulator, He is has proven Himself to be MORE than enough, and thus the testimony of my faith walk continues...
*krbz*


~This blog is a part of the Blog Challenge hosted by Sierra Nicole~





3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful testimony! just when you think you've been through it, you learn about someone else's story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful testimony. Just when you think you've been through it (the loss of my beloved Mommy) you learn about about someone else's story and it gives you pause. Life is a journey for all of us. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking out time to read my blog, your comments are welcome!