Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Beauty of His Love


Today, I observed an elderly couple – a husband in a wheel chair and his wife – having lunch.  I watched how the wife diligently prepared everything for her husband and then herself.  Yet, she kept looking around as if she needed something.  So I went over and asked her if there was anything I could help her with, she said that they needed some napkins.  I grabbed some for her and then watched as she carefully made a bib for her husband.  I walked away, but came back a few minutes later on my way out, and asked the man how he was doing; with ketchup on his chin and stained on his napkin bib; his hand shaking, as he held is sandwich; he looked at me (in my eyes) and slurred, 'I am blessed’.  It took all I had to hold back the tears.  I looked at him and said, “You are, may God be with you both” and walked away.  

As I reflect on this moment there is so much beauty to be seen.  The Father’s love is grafted throughout this portrait and magnified on so many levels.  I will not dissect it because, I can do it no justice but I pray your heart is touched and that you too will see the Father’s love. 

His love is everywhere, we need only to look for it, receive it and share it.

kRBz

2 comments:

  1. Your right, there is much to learn from this beautiful glimpse of love. That kind of selflessness, touches my core, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alecia, for reading and sharing your thoughts. That is definitely an experience I won't forget. The beauty of the Father's love is everywhere!

      Delete

I appreciate you taking out time to read my blog, your comments are welcome!