Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hope in a Hopeless Place...


I just read an article about a seven year old boy who hung himself.  While, that knowledge alone is reason enough to make you ‘wanna holla’ he hung himself because he was ‘depressed about his parents separation, being bullied at school and picked on for being the only boy in a home of eight females.’  The fact that this seven year old CHILD felt as if he had no hope, breaks my heart.  He felt as though he had no reason to go on and he could not see past his current circumstance toward the hope that lay ahead of him. 


How often do we become so consumed by our present condition that we take drastic measures without looking ahead?  How many times do we let the burdens of life weigh us down so heavily we cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel? 

In this post I will not get caught up in asking questions because there are far too many that can be asked; however, I will use this post to tell you this  – Regardless of what you are faced with today, THERE IS HOPE! 

Picture me standing in your face, with my hand on my hip saying, “Don’t you dare give up! There is hope for you, yet!  Hold on!! Help is on the way!”

In response I am sure you are saying, “But you don’t understand…”

Admittedly, I may not know your situation first hand but I do know the feeling of helplessness.  I understand the agony of despair and feeling as if all hope was gone.  I know what it is like to cry, what I wanted to be my last tears.  But more importantly I know the joy of finding hope in a hopeless place and that is why I can stand in your face with my shoulders squared and my eyes on you and say, “There IS hope!”

“Where?” you ask --> In Christ Jesus, He is the hope of glory.

Now, wait a minute before you tune me out, hear me out. 
There is a cry for love and hope throughout the world that can only be answered at the foot of the cross.  The cross is where the greatest example of love was shown and hope was given.  It was through this seemingly hopeless and helpless situation that Christ proved Himself to be the strongest.  And it is through your situation and your trust in Christ that you will find yourself to be the strongest.  Trust Him. 

In my moment of desperation, I cried out, “Father, I cannot do this.  You have got to help me!”  Tell, Him the same thing.  Ask God to show you the hope which lies in Christ Jesus.  Remind Him of His promise to never leave you nor forsake you.  Ask Him to come into your heart and take control of your life because right now things are out of control.  Give Him the opportunity to show you He loves you and wants His best for you. He never fails.  Then, tell yourself to ‘be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of (whatever you are dealing with), for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 
To know you are now on a team where the coach never fails, that’s your hope.  Now go WIN!
kRb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking out time to read my blog, your comments are welcome!